Our current residents and fellows have been hard at work pushing the boundaries of excellence. We are proud to share that they have achieved significant milestones, including new publications, dynamic presentations at major conferences, and received prestigious awards from noteworthy societies. We are inspired by their unwavering dedication and passion for the field of medicine and look forward to the groundbreaking achievements that await them in the future.
Awards & Recognition – Congratulations!
Rumyar Ardakani, M.D. (PGY4) was awarded the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Enhanced Resident Leadership Program scholarship. This highly selective program is designed to identify, train, and nurture 10 residents in adult neurology. Recipients are provided with a range of benefits, including sponsorship to attend the AAN Annual Meeting, personalized mentorship, and a customized experience to enhance their engagement with content and colleagues. This includes engaging in leadership workshops, fostering connections with adult and pediatric neurology residents nationwide, and the opportunity to meet with AAN leadership.
Nil Saez Calveras, M.D. (PGY2) was accepted into the American Neurological Association (ANA) Futures Program. This program provides tailor-made and targeted mentorship over the course of 5 months (May – September) and is specially designed to cater to the needs of those interested in pursuing an academic career. Participants will have access to a host of benefits, including sponsorship to attend the ANA 2023 meeting.
Residency Graduation Awards
- Rumyar Ardakani, M.D.
Hal Unwin Clinical Excellence Award: Resident of the Year
- Caitlin Chapman, D.O
Stephen Damm Neuro-Oncology Award: Outstanding Resident
- Caitlin Chapman, D.O. (PGY4) & Barbara Stopschinski, M.D. (PGY4)
Parkland Clinic Award
- Justine Ker, M.D. (PGY2), Rosalina Magalhaes-Pereira, M.D. (PGY3), and Conny Tran M.D (PGY4)
Resident Student Teaching Award
See photos from Residency Graduation 2023.
Publications & Presentations
International Stroke Conference – February 2023
- Chintan Rupareliya M.D.– Predictors of acute pulmonary embolism related hospitalizations- an artificial neural network analysis using nationwide cohort in the United States
Carrell-Krusen Neuromuscular Symposium – February 2023
- Vaishnavi Aryapadi, M.D., M.S. - Muscle Weakness, Calf Hypertrophy, and Contractures
- George Bailey, M.D. - Upper Extremity Hypertrophy and Dermatomyositis
- Vincent Zimmern, M.D., M.Sc., M.P.H. - Rare presentation of SCID and Charcot-Marie-Tooth
North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society – March 2023
- Sahar Noorani, M.D. - Waldenström Macroglobulinemia and Adie’s Tonic Pupil
American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting – April 2023
- Austin O’Black, D.O. - KNOW-DBS: Patient perceptions and knowledge of Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) in Parkinson’s disease (PD)
- Hsueh-Sheng Chiang, M.D. - What’s Changing from Normal Aging to Pathological Aging During Semantic Memory Retrieval: Insights from EEG Oscillations
- Linda Nguyen, M.D., Ph.D - A Retrospective Survival Analysis of Relapse Rate in Pediatric and Adult Autoimmune Encephalitis
European Stroke Conference – May 2023
- Chintan Rupareliya, M.D. - Prevalence of Varicella Zoster Virus Reactivation in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack